School Library Systems are a collection of state-aided programs sponsored by each BOCES or 'Big 5' city school district. They provide vital library and information resources to public and nonpublic schools throughout the state. Each system operates under a state approved plan of service to provide:
- Leadership and training through professional development activities
- Assistance with resource sharing among its memeber school libraries
- Access and direction with cooperative collection development of school library materials
- Leadership in meeting information needs of special client groups
- Information on regional library issues with public, academic and special libraries
The DCMO BOCES School Library system provides support for automation (OPALS and Madarin), Inter-library loan, and access to the South Central Organization of (School) Library System's union catalog. Additionally, services also include professional development workshop's, grant writing support, mini-grant funding opportunities and resource and curriculum development.
We are currently working on our new website. Please visit us at our old website for the moment till our new site is complete. Thank you!!